Saturday, March 12, 2011

Today was little Crue's funeral. It was so hard but also so spiritual and what an amazing experience it was to attend. Never in my life have I seen such strong testimonies of the atonement and eternal families. Both our friends Kodey and Kalee (the parents of Crue) spoke at his funeral. That would be SO difficult to do, but at the same time so humbling to be able to. Although this funeral was so sad, it was so inspiring to me to do better every day so I can see my family again in the Celestial Kingdom when they pass away. Seeing little Crue in the casket was so extremely sad. His little tiny fingers laying so gently on his chest. I just wanted to kiss his little forehead. You never will know just how hard it would be to lose a child until you have a child of your own. Just looking at him you know this is Heavenly Father's plan. He was just a perfect little spirit - too perfect for this earth. His plan was fulfilled. He came and did what he needed to. We will never know what it was that he came here to do but he did it. In just 4 1/2 short months he completed his mission here on earth. Now he is back in the arms of Heavenly Father. One of my old Seminary teachers Brother Patterson was able to give a few remarks at Crue's funeral. One of the things he said is Crue is 136 days old. When he is resurrected, he will be just as he was - 136 days old. You will get to see him take his first step, speak his first word. How amazing is this plan? I am so grateful that I have the gospel in my life. This whole experience wants me to try a harder to do a better and I am going to from today on. Kodey and Kalee attended the temple the evening their sweet baby boy passed away. How amazing is that? They said they sat in the Celestial room and just felt the spirit so strongly and just knew Crue was all around them. The night after he passed Kelly and I and our other friends Brandon and Samantha went over to Kodey and Kalee's house. It was so wonderful to just see their strong testimonies and know they will see their little Crue again. I look up to both of them so much for enduring this extreme pain through losing their child. How I so badly want to have a testimony so strong like that. So inspiring it was to see this whole experience from the outside in. We just all need to take life and embrace it and cherish ever second we have with our loved ones. We all need to try harder to do better. If you want to read more about sweet little Crue go to cruebug.weebly.com

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to go so badly but we had family over all day- I love your remarks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously bawling right now! I read the website and I can't believe how amazing they are! Is it weird that I am jealous that they are so strong to be given this trial - but I don't ever want to have to go through something like that.

    Seriously makes you so grateful for what you have been blessed with. thanks for sharing - now I am going to sleep in my son's room tonight ;)

    ReplyDelete