Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Baby Is Getting TOO BIG

Do any of you Mom's out there reading this ever watch your baby do one specific thing and you just get all sad and think, 'my baby is getting too big!!' Well today -- just a few minutes ago I had one of those moments. Rylee was in her crib trying to fall asleep for her morning nap. I cracked the door open just so I could peek in and check on her. She was on her hands and knees. She then pulled herself up and was holding onto the side of the crib. Reached her little hands through on of the slats and grabbed one of the ties on her bumper pads and started sucking on it. I just continued to watch her and was just laughing to myself thinking how stinking cute that was. A few minutes went by and she got herself down, layed down, and went right to sleep.

So now my thoughts are...my baby is getting too big! I can say it over and over how I can't believe she is already 8 months old and how fast time is flying by but I really can't. I have enjoyed every second and look forward to the future seconds to enjoy motherhood. BUT how did my little tiny baby get to be so big? She is learning so much so fast. And it's crazy to me how all the sudden she will just do something else. A growing baby is an amazing thing.

On a side note...She is FINALLY sleeping good again and going to sleep good at night! Last night was awesome. She went to bed at 8, slept till 6, I nursed her and she was back to sleep till 9 and chatted in her crib till 9:40. Terrific. Good girl. No more sickness to screw up her sleep routine! I did buy her a noise machine with a picture projection which has done WONDERS. It has a picture projection and she just stares at it on the ceiling -- and the noise has really helped her sleep.
You can buy it at Target for $20 - so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment