Wednesday, March 9, 2011

I am just sitting here crying and had to type my feelings out. Some of our friends lost their baby today. She layed him down for a nap and went in to check on him and he was gone. Just like that. I just can't even imagine the deep pain they are feeling right now. I can't even imagine what it feels like to lose a child. I just feel physically ill today since I found out. I haven't cried until now - and I just want to keep crying and to not let Rylee out of my sight. It definitely makes you look at life in a different perspective. All the nights your child won't go to sleep and just cry - who cares. Just laugh and enjoy the time you have with your child. I will NEVER take a second for granted and I will ALWAYS cherish every waking second I have to spend with Rylee and all my future children. I just sit here and feel so sad and so guilty that I never even met their baby boy. How hard would it have been to just go to their house one evening and drop in and say hi? They live 2 minutes from us. Today has been an extremely sad one. Life will never be the same as it was for them. Crue was just too perfect to live on this earth. As hard as it would be to feel that it was God's way, it was. They are sealed as a family for eternity and knowing they will see him again will make it that much easier. We are going to his funeral but I don't know how well I will handle that. That will be the hardest thing I have ever been to. All my friends reading this - we NEED to get together more often and have closer relationships because I don't EVER want to have regrets like I do in this situation! Life is a gift - live it to the fullest.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so sad. I can't even imagine how they are feeling. Our prayers are definitely with them in this devastating trial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how sad! I'm so sorry! Seriously, cherish the time you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a sweet post HEATHER. I have not been able to focus on one thing all day, my mind has been thinking of Kaylee all day as a mother i could not handle that. I hope they are looking at it just as you said HE IS TO PERFECT FOR THIS WORLD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I have had the hardest time with this- She and I grew up together and we haven't talked in years and years and I can't help but feel like there is something I should do but I don't know what to do or how to help- seriously what can you do in a situation like this... I don't know how you carry on after something like this, it's just so sad. It certainly makes you take a step back and appreciate what you have and cherish every minute of every day - I just held Rozzy yesterday and cried and cried....

    ReplyDelete
  6. How terrible and sad for them. How old was their baby? I can't imagine the pain of losing a baby. This makes me cry too even though I don't know who it is. I'll make sure to include them in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sad...I can't even imagine... We had a coworkers whose baby died after 10 days and it was the hardest thing to go to the viewing - but at that point he just looked like a precious doll not a baby. Makes it a little easier to bare seeing them. But hearing her trials and othes makes me that much more grateful for everyday I spend with my sons..not matter how bratter they are. I went home and Brendon was crying and I was just crying - I'm so glad you are CRYING!!

    ReplyDelete