Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tag Blanket Tutorial

Well, I am done with Rylee's tag blanket! My first project ever on my very own sewing machine. I LOVE sewing and am so glad to have my own machine now! I decided to do a tutorial when I was making it.

First you start out with a 2 squares of any fabric - I used minky. Surprisingly it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to sew with. I made mine 18" squares.
Then you get a bunch of ribbon and cut it as long as you want. I cut mine about 10".

You fold the ribbon and sew the ends together.
Once they are all sewn on the ends you pin them to the front side of your fabric.
Sew all the ribbon to your fabric in about 1/2".

You then put the second piece of your fabric right side facing down.
Next you pin pin pin! Pin it together all the way around - make sure your ribbons are all straight facing in so you don't sew them crooked.
Sew all the way around in about 1/2" leaving about a small opening at the end so you can pull in right side out. Make sure you poke all the corners out really good.
Fold the opening in and sew it as close to the edge as you can.
Lastly, sew a finish on the outside about 1" from the edge. Sew it all the way around.And there you have it. An adorable tag blanket your child will love! Rylee already loves hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment