Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Oh Happy Day

I get excited and happy about the littlest things - I am just a nerd like that.

Today there are 3 things that made me happy.


First - RUNNING. I went running tonight! 1.5 miles. I will work on going longer distances like I did before but I am so happy and proud of myself. I LOVE running. Seriously love it. It feels so good. I am so happy the weather is changing so I can go all the nights I don't go to Zumba!




Second - SPRING CLEANING. Today I mopped the floor, dusted all the baseboards, and cleaned all the blinds downstairs. Tomorrow I am doing the upstairs blinds. I love spring cleaning! My house is already feeling better.




Third - PROBLEM SOLVING. When Rylee was brand new she got eczema pretty bad. I used Eucerin lotion and it sort of helped, not a ton. Finally it just went away. Not completely, but pretty close. We decided we needed to get a water softener - mainly for her. We got a smokin' deal on one and it cleared up her skin completely! Hallelujah. Well, all the sudden it came back - really bad. I was thinking it was maybe the weather changing. And then I realized I washed all her clothes with regular laundry detergent. I have always used Dreft or Tide Free and Clear to wash her laundry but I had run out. So I used our regular laundry detergent. I thought that might have something to do with it all the sudden coming back. So yesterday I ran to the store and bought more Tide Free and Clear and washed all her laundry. Today it is COMPLETELY gone. I was shocked. And I am happy.




Today has been a good day. What are some of the little things that make YOU happy?

2 comments:

  1. I'm craving Zumba today, i'm glad you had such a happy productive day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the craziest thing how their skin is so sensitive to normal detergent at 9 months still. So glad you figured it out! Riley is a doll! Love all your pictures of her!

    ReplyDelete