Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Scariest Moment

This morning was probably one of the scariest moments I have had being a parent...possibly ever. Rylee is always has a pretty stuffy nose in the morning so every morning I suck it out. This morning I started sucking it out...nothing was coming out and she was getting mad so I stopped. Then all of a sudden she gagged a few times and then she wouldn't breathe. I think some snot got stuck in her airway and made it so she couldn't breathe out of her nose. She wouldn't breathe out of her mouth and couldn't breathe out of her nose. She just sat there trying so hard to breathe and kept getting more and more spit in her mouth and it was all over her lips. Thank goodness Kelly was there because I was panicking and crying and didn't know what to do. He grabbed her from me and was trying to help her and I just kept saying, "Are you ok?! Are you ok?!" and crying. He said we need to take her to instacare! We live right around the corner from it...good thing. We ran to the garage and were about to get into the car and then she started breathing again. Oh my gosh I can't even say in words how scary it was but it was terrifying. I can't even imagine what I would do if something happened to Rylee. I am so glad she is okay...and I am scared to death to suck her nose out ever again. And pretty sure we need to take a CPR class because it has been forever since we both took one and need to be refreshed on it cause we may need to do CPR oneday...especially now that we have a baby.

This is her smiling and talking to Daddy this morning right after she woke up. Just had to share cause it is so cute. :)

1 comment:

  1. How scary! Grace does this thing.. Where she will spit up, like a full hour or two after a feeding, it is murky, like more clear than regular spit up, and it smells strong.. I think it is stomach acid.. So since it tastes bad.. She doesn't swallow it, but it is kinda thick for her to spit out.. So she will gag over & over again.. Then she gets scared and she panics! I hate it so bad! She has probably done it 15 or so times & her doctor says there isn't anything he can do.. But I'm terrified for the day I'm not right by her to help her! Ugh.. I'm sorry you had that scare! ):

    ReplyDelete