Friday, March 23, 2012

Las Vegas

At the end of February Kelly and I took a much needed getaway to Las Vegas. It was my first time leaving Rylee overnight so as you can imagine, I was a nervous wreck. I knew she'd be ok, it was just really hard for me. It was just for 3 nights but that seemed like way too long. My good friend Samantha watched her the first night at my mom and dad in law watched her the other 2 nights. I was a nervous wreck up until the second we dropped her off...when she wouldn't even give me a hug or kiss goodbye. She loves Samantha so she ran right to her and wouldn't let go. Then I knew she'd be just fine and I'd be just fine. What a FUN time we had together. It was so nice to be just the 2 of us for almost 4 days and to get a fun break from parenting.

We went and saw Blue Man Group while we were there and wow, what a waste of time and money. So many of my friends and family members really liked it. We didn't. At all. Maybe we just were expecting it to be completely different than it was, but either way, we just didn't enjoy it.

We stayed at The Golden Nugget. It's on Fremont Street and it was a really nice hotel. Really nice rooms and very inexpensive. There was a big pool with a waterslide in the middle...the waterslide was in the middle of a huge tank with sharks. Amazing. There was also a HUGE area outside around the pool that we could just hang out at. Lots of couches and chairs. We sat outside some of the time and just talked. We also sat in the hot tub 2 of the 3 nights. Huge hot tub.

I suck at taking pictures sometimes and I really hate asking random people to take pictures for me so this is all we got.
This is one of the nights when we sat outside.

In the Cosmopolitan...gorgeous new hotel!
Although we had a lot of fun getting away it was SO nice to get home to see Rylee. I had my alarm set Sunday morning for 6 a.m. so we could be sure to be out of there by no later than 8 a.m. I was way too excited to see Rylee to leave a minute later.

No comments:

Post a Comment