Thursday, August 13, 2009

Paris

Wednesday-Thursday, August 12-13, 2009
Yesterday we woke up early and spent most of the day driving to "Mulhouse, France." Good thing I slept like the entire way cause little did I know, my parents and Kelly were surprising me and taking me to PARIS!!!!! Oh my gosh I was so excited! I wanted to go so bad, but my parents said it was too out of the way and we wouldn't have time to make it. I kinda just forgot about it, but I was so happy when I found out we were IN Paris and I still didn't know it! So funny that we drove past tons of signs that said "PARIS" and it never clicked. Typical Heather. And they are good. Our hotel was nice, just really far from anything. We were going to ride the underground Metro to the Eiffel Tower, etc., but there was no way for my Dad to get down the stairs so we decided to just walk. Um....bad idea. And the fact that me and Kelly decided to wear jeans was a bad mix. It was SO hot outside. My hair was in a ponytail, but my scalp was soaking wet. My clothes were damp, holy it was hot. I don't think I have felt that nasty ever. But it was some dang good exercise! We made it to the Arc De Tromphe and then caught a tour bus just to take us to the Eiffel Tower. The tickets on the tour bus were good today also, so we went on the tour today. We took TONS of pictures at the Eiffel tower and I took about 200 pictures altogether in Paris. Crazy! We were at the Eiffel Tower till it got dark so we could see it all lit up. Gosh I can't believe how crazy it is there!!! I can't believe how crazy Paris is in general. SO MANY PEOPLE. And it is so dirty. Trash everywhere. And people drive insane too, it's scary. Parking is all over the place too. Probably one of my favorite things was the Smart Cars parked at the very end with like no space. So funny! There are dozens of women walking around by the Eiffel Tower with signs saying they are "from Bosnia and lost their family, blah blah blah...we need money..." This one girl walked up to us 2 times and asked if we spoke English. I was like "um yeah, you already asked me." So annoying. And the guys walking around trying to get you to buy roses are annoying too. We tried to avoid them, but they still walked up to us. One guy walks up and just hands me a rose. I was thinkin oh sweet, I am special and walk off with it in my hand. Then he tailgates us with his hand out for us to pay him. What a jerk!! haha jk. I just thought I got a free rose dang it! So then we felt guilty and had to pay $3 bucks for it! What a rip. When we were done there, we took a taxi back to our hotel and oh my gosh. I was sure I was going to die. The driver was weaving in and out of cars so much and driving so fast! People don't even have lanes here, they just drive where they want to and it is NUTS. He did get here safely though, thank goodness. :) This morning we took another taxi back to Arc De Triomphe and then took the tour bus again around the whole tour. It took us to a bunch of different places, but I can't remember what they are called right now and don't really want to find out at the moment! We got off the bus quite a long ways from our hotel, so we just walked the whole way back. We stopped at a small deli and had delicious sandwiches and then continued our walk and made it back to our hotel. When we got to the van someone was parked right against our bumper!! Oh well, didn't do anything to our freakin awesome van! We left, and drove to Dijon, France which is where we are now! Tomorrow we head out to Bern, Switzerland so I will update more later! It may take a few days or so cause I don't think we will have wireless for the next few days. Hope you enjoyed my long long post on Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment