Monday, August 10, 2009

Germany

Sunday, August 9, 2009
Yesterday was a fun day! We slept in a little bit and then got ready and headed to Les Thermes Impériaux. It was pretty cool! We just walked around for a bit and took some pictures and then went to the Hauptmarkt and had some lunch. Sausage and pommes (fries). Yuuum. At lunch we discovered the kind of water to buy that wasn't mineral water "with gas". Oh my gosh can we say how happy we were?? Today we went and bought TONS of it. We have been so thirsty since we have been here we drank so much water today! At restaurants you can't get free water which sucks! You have to buy a tiny bottle of it. When you order juice or pop, they don't bring you refills! I don't know about you, but drinking tons of water or any drink while eating makes your meal so much better! After we ate we went to the Der Dom Cathedral. It was way cool to see and go inside a Cathedral but it was a little strange inside! It definitely was cool to see though. A lot of architecture inside. After we left there we went and drove around and went to Mehring and walked around and took pictures on a bridge. What a pretty view. We ate dinner at some extremely strange little cafe thing...it was a huge slice of bread with nasty ham, tomatoes, cheese, egg, and pickles piled on top. It was good when eaten separately, but a very weird meal. It really made me crave a Gandolfo's breakfast sandwich!! :) hehe. After that, we just came back to the hotel and went to bed. Busy day, but fun day! Things I have learned since being here: 1) I love the United States. 2) I love living in the United States. Embarrassing moment of the day: When ordering ice cream, I said "uno" scoop instead of "eins" scoop. I think my face was red.

2 comments:

  1. Looks fun, I hope you guys are having a fun time! I will keep checking the blog to see what you are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is the photo of the nasty sandwich thing? Sounds like it was, um, interesting?

    ReplyDelete