Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I officially hate the University Mall Macy's Clinique counter. They are by far the rudest and uncaring people I have ever met. I have always worn Clinique makeup - I love it. The only time I buy from Clinique though is when they are having their Bonus Time. I get a cute makeup bag and a bunch of other stuff such as lipgloss, mascara, eyeshadow, lotion, etc. All I have to spend is $21.50 and I get all the other stuff with it. Totally worth my money.

Today I went because Macy's Clinique counter was having their Bonus Time. I needed blush so I went to buy it. It was only $20 so I had to get something else. (Of course they always do that so you have to spend well over $21.50.) Except my foundation is $22 I think? But with the blush I have to buy something else. I decided to get some $14 lipgloss. The lady who helped me was super nice and sweet and put a few different colors on my lips until I found one I really loved.

She took me up to the counter, rung me up and I was on my way. I walked to the end of the store super excited about everything I had just gotten so I opened the bag. I saw my makeup bag and all my other bonus items, my blush... and no lipgloss. I thought 'oh she must have just forgotten to put it in the bag' so I walked back and told her it wasn't in my bag.

She took the bag from me and looked through it. Nothing. She walked to the stroller while I was digging through everything in the bottom basket. Nothing. She said, "well it's on the receipt right here and I know I put it in the bag...sorry there is nothing I can do." So basically she was calling me a liar and she "KNEW" she put it in the bag and I was just out my money. I looked at her (totally pissed at this point) and asked her if possibly she hadn't put it in the bag and someone put it away? She asked around. Nothing. I told her I promise I wasn't trying to be dishonest. I mean, come one, I didn't even really want or need the lipgloss I just wanted all the bonus items.

I figured she would be totally nice about it and just give me a new one. No way. She was SO rude to me. I'm sorry, but isn't the customer always first? Don't you just trust someone? I mean, for the most part people are pretty honest. I used to work at a credit union and a guy came through the drive through once and got $20 cash, signed for it, drove away, came back a few minutes later and said he couldn't find his money ANYWHERE. So guess what my manager said to do? Give him another $20 bill. We trusted him enough to give him more money even though we knew he took $20 already. Guess what happened? About an hour or so later he came back and had found it tucked between the seat and middle console. Trustworthy? I think so.

I told the lady she could look through everything of mine and it wasn't there. (I am home now and looked through all my stuff...it isn't there.) The lady told me one more time "No, I can't do anything." I just found it shocking that the lady who helped me was in fact the counter manager and she totally flipped a 180 attitude-wise. She was super nice to me at first and then became a total B. Finally another lady was being nice about it and called the store manager for me. Guess what the store manager did? Came down, I explained what had happened, she walked over and got a new lipgloss, handed it to me and said, "that is very nice lipgloss you enjoy that." What a sweet lady. Thank you, at least you are kind to me and trust me!

ALL OVER LIPGLOSS...can you believe that? Sorry, but I am not getting away with paying for something and not even getting it. I know she never put it in the bag. I will always know she didn't. I also know I am never, ever buying from the University Mall Macy's Clinique counter ever again.

2 comments:

  1. Yikes Heather! You handled that much better than I would have.. I probably would have left crying lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok....I have to ask....was her name Claudia? What did she look like?

    ReplyDelete