Monday, June 13, 2011

Art City Days Extravaganza

Art City Days is definitely a week I look forward to every single year! Yummy scones, the carni's, the parade, and the fireworks. This year was especially fun cause we got to take our cute little girl! I took her on the carousel and she LOVED it. She just pointed and smiled the entire time we were on it.Don't mind my crazy hair - it was really windy!


Rylee loved the parade! The sirens didn't even scare her. She just stared at everything - she loves watching people! The morning of the parade Mod Bod Clothing was having a really good sale! Stuff anything in a bag for $15. I went with my sister in law Ashley and we each got a bag and split the third bag. These tank tops are THE best for wearing under shirts! In one bag I stuffed 8 and the bag we split I stuffed 7 tanks and a swimsuit! So I got 12 tank tops and a tankini for $22.50! Killer deal!While I was at the major sale, Rylee went with Daddy to breakfast. We then went to the parade and headed over to Kelly's grandparents shorly after for lunch. By this time it was time for Rylee's afternoon nap. She had skipped her morning nap and was WIPED out.

Saturday night I kept Rylee up to watch the fireworks. I am SO glad I did. She seriously loved them. Her mouth was wide open the whole time and she was just pointing at them. By the time we got her home and in bed it was 11:00 p.m. 3 1/2 hours past her bedtime! She was so tired but it was so worth watching her watch fireworks for the first time! She was amazed at them. I forgot to take my camera but my father in law took some of her on his phone so maybe I will post them when I get them from him. :)


We decided to enter Rylee in the Art City Days baby photo contest - this was the photo we entered in it... and she WON! She won best eyes. :) We are pretty excited! They called me this morning to let me know. She won a prize but I have no idea what it is yet - I need to go pick it up. And her picture will be in the paper on Thursday. Way to go Ry!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course little Rylee won best eyes! Those little eyes of hers are gorgeous! It looks like you had a great Art City Days! I am now super bummed that I did not go to the ModBod sale! I was wanting to go and just put it off. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun Heather, you are such a good mom. And Rylee does have beautiful eyes, well deserved!

    ReplyDelete